Events and activities
- The SSBR team will facilitate a series of up to 26 thematic project cluster-group meetings or “assemblies“. Assemblies may take many different forms: seminars, workshops, stakeholder/user engagement activities, mini-conferences, shared planning activities, site visits, etc (guidelines are here). What they must do is bring projects together. Each project will be asked to host one assembly in the duration of the programme. Each cluster might hold about 4 assemblies. Assemblies may be blended, face-to-face, online, distributed or collocated. The programme will be providing the Elluminate audiographic environment for distributed live meetings but projects would be encouraged to run their assemblies in their preferred environments as they wished. Second Life will be available for those that want to try multi-user virtual environments (MUVEs). Support can be given on the choice and operation of learning environments for project assemblies. Projects can apply through SSBR to the JISC for additional funding to support their assemblies using this form.
Along side the project assemblies the support project will host up to four online and three face to face programme-wide activities.
- Programme Launch (holding page) 23-24 October 2008 (ssbr1008)
- Manchester programme meeting 23-24 April 2009 (ssbr0409)
- Institutional impact – online conference 9 July 2009 (ssbr0709)
- Institutional pragmatics – online conference 12 November 2009 (ssbr1109)
- Innovation Exchange – Programme meeting 28-29 January 2010 (ssbr0110)
- Festival of Assemblies - 20 October 2010 (ssbr1010)